Ceramics & Nanocomposites
The main task of the department is to study the relationships between processing parameters, micro- and nanostructures and properties of ceramics and their nanocomposites.
- investigation of mechanical, electrical, thermal, sensorical and biological properties
- development of carbon nanotube silicon nitride nanocomposites
- 1D, 2D and 3D semiconductor oxides for sensor devices
- hydroxyapatite biocomposites for medical and enviromental uses, outcome of advanced preparing methods
- pilot scale production of silicon nitride tools and parts